Our Miami child injury attorneys are dedicated to keeping our children safe by holding schools, manufacturers, and operators of amusement activities responsible for the injuries that their negligence causes.
The Florida’s Supreme Court has ruled that certain pre-injury releases that parents on behalf of their minor children can be set aside. However, the law applies only to commercial activities such go kart injuries, summer camps, amusement rides, and safaris. Community-sponsored or school-sponsored activities still can escape liability if a parent signs a pre-injury release.
Our Florida personal injury law firm has successfully represented injured children who have been neglected and injured because of the negligent operation of a commercial activity. We recommend that before you sign any document releasing or potentially releasing someone from responsibility for an injury to your child that you consult with an experienced Florida child safety attorney.
Our Florida injury lawyers are committed to children’s safety. Sadly every year Florida children die as the result of both careless and intentional acts. Our Florida children’s injury advocates recommend discussing the following “10 Children’s Safety Promises” with your kids periodically. We believe with knowledge and understanding kids can live safer lives.
- Before going anywhere, I will get permission from my parents by telling them where I am going, who I am going with, how I am getting there, who is going with me and how I will be getting back.
- I will always get permission from my parents before getting into a car or leaving with anyone, including people I know.
- I will not change my plans or accept money or gifts without telling my parents.
- If someone offers me drugs, I will tell a grown-up immediately.
- I will use the “buddy” system whenever possible and going places by myself.
- I will tell a grown-up I trust if another adult touches me in a way that makes me feel confused or hurts me.
- I will trust my feelings and will share them with a grown-up I trust.
- If I feel unsafe or scared, I will ask for help.
- I will keep myself safe at all times.
- I will never take medicine that has not been handed to me by a grownup I trust.
Florida Injury Lawyer Blog - Child Injuries
- Cruise Ship Passengers Injured When Abandoned in Port Traveling to foreign and exotic ports on a luxury cruise ship can be an amazing way to see the world. However, it can turn quickly from a dream to a ….
- Back to School Safety: How Can I Pass School Buses? It is hard to believe that it is back to school time already. After just a minute or two on the drive to work today, I could see that traffic is ….
- Florida Teen Dies Playing Baseball I have been a children’s injury attorney in Florida for more than 23 years. I have represented kids who were hurt in accidents at schools, day ….