July 4th is one of the busiest travel holidays of the year. It is also one of the deadliest. Alcohol is a common factor in many of these fatal car accidents and pedestrian accidents. With gas prices at record lows, and more people driving instead of flying due to the coronavirus pandemic, we urge drivers to use caution this holiday weekend on the roads.
Here are some safe driving tips from the Miami personal injury attorneys at Aronfeld Trial Lawyers:
- Get your vehicle inspected. Make sure your vehicle is safe and in good shape if you plan on taking a road trip this holiday weekend. Have it checked by a local mechanic to ensure the fluid levels, tire pressure, lights and windshield wipers are in good working order.
- Buckle-up. We all know that seat belts save lives. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), seat belts reduce serious crash-related injuries and deaths by about 50%.
- Do not drink & drive. Drinking alcohol slows reaction time and impairs judgment and coordination, all skills needed to drive a car safely.
- Stay alert and do not drive distracted. It is now against the law to text and drive in Florida. Do not try to multi-task while driving. Program your GPS prior to leaving, never while driving and avoid eating and drinking behind the wheel.
- Load SUV’s with caution. When packing up the car, do so in a way that evenly distributes the additional weight of luggage and passengers. In comparison to other vehicles, SUV’s have a higher center of gravity and can tip over more easily.
- Stay alert and drive defensively. It is important to take frequent breaks when driving long distances and remember to drive defensively and avoid other drivers taking less caution on the road.
INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT THIS 4th OF JULY WEEKEND?
OUR FIRM IS HERE FOR YOU!
Accidents often happen when you least expect it. If you are involved in any type of accident over the holiday weekend- whether it be a car accident, pedestrian accident or slip and fall, our firm is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Spencer Aronfeld is a Board-Certified Trial Lawyer, and he and the lawyers at Aronfeld Trial Lawyers understand Florida’s complex personal injury laws. Since 1991 we have fought hard to protect the legal rights of those injured due to someone else’s negligence. Contact us today and speak with an experienced attorney toll free 1-866-597-4529, local 305-441-0440, or by email. We offer a free initial consultation at your home, office, hotel, or hospital. Virtual sign-ups available. Call us today, we are ready to help.