The ride-sharing/ride-hailing system that allows passengers to enjoy greater convenience at lower cost when trying to move from one place to another simply with the touch of a button on your smart phone. It also gives car owners a chance to make extra money by working as either a part-time or full-time Uber driver. While many people rave about this convenient service, the devil is in the details.
Although company officials continue to either deny or downplay the issue, Uber car accidents have been on the rise and are now becoming a major cause of concern both for the riders, the Uber drivers and for the other non-Uber motorists on the road not to mention normal pedestrians as well. So far at least 10 fatalities of Uber car accidents have been reported across the states and experts believe the number could be far higher than this.
Uber has a reputation for being quite negligent when it comes to the recruitment of their drivers. No fingerprint checks, no law enforcement co-ordination, not even a single physical meeting takes place before a driver is brought on board. Naturally, this is the perfect recipe for a catastrophe. But the big question is- how can you get compensated if you are involved in an Uber car accident?
As of 2013, Uber introduced a raft of new insurance guidelines intended to protect both the Uber drivers and their riders. Some of the most significant include:
- $1 Million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. This is meant to compensate all riders involved in an Uber car accident when the driver either has no insurance or is uninsured.
- $1 Million in liability coverage for every incident
- Personal injury protection/ no fault coverage in selected states
Reports from many riders who have been involved in Uber car accidents indicate that they only received refunds back to their credit cards and a call or two from company representatives- nothing more! The reason? Being a relatively new service, there is a lot of confusion when it comes to accident liability and most victims of Uber car accidents simply do not know where to begin. For instance, while Uber requires that drivers first file claims on their personal insurance policies before getting to the company policies, many providers of the former have exclusions that bar Uber drivers from any compensation due to commercial use of the vehicle.
Here are the facts:
- As an injured Uber car accident victim, you deserve compensation
- Your compensation should be timely and commensurate to what you lost or suffered
- There are guidelines and laws dictating the outcome of the compensation claims
- A qualified, skilled and experienced car accident attorney can help you navigate the unclear laws and get the compensation that you deserve
Our law firm is dedicated to helping victims of Uber car accidents fight for their rights. We have successfully filed hundreds of car accident claims for different clients and are ready to do the same for you. It is important to remember that time is critical in any type of compensation claim. So if you, or someone you love has been the victim of an Uber car accident we suggest you get in touch with us immediately by calling us at 305-441-0440 or by emailing us directly at [email protected]. You can also call us toll free at 1-866-597-4529.
- Driving and Texting Is 300% More Dangerous Than Drunk Driving The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that in 2011, 3,300 people were killed and 416,000 people injured in traffic ….
- MRI in Personal Injury Claims: What Is It and Why Is It Important in Florida? Dear Miami Personal Injury Lawyer: I recently had a car wreck after dropping my kids off at school. It was not so serious, meaning, I was able ….
- Florida Auto Insurance Policy Exclusions Are Used by Companies to Avoid Paying Claims After battling auto insurance companies for more than 20 years on behalf of people who have been hurt in car, truck, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents ….
For nearly 25 years, I have represented injured clients throughout the state of Florida due to the negligence of others. If you, a loved one, or someone you know, has been involved in an accident in Florida, call Aronfeld Lawyers for a free initial consultation on your legal rights as a victim of an accident.